Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Michele - Planting seeds

Well, we are sitting around the fire today watching it snow. That's pretty exciting in this part of the country! On a day like today, spring planting seems a long way off, but the kids and I are preparing to plant our seeds. I bought a bunch of heirloom seeds last year, but they came in too late to plant. That means that I have a slew of seeds that I can start early this year. We have a bag of potting soil, seeds, and little plastic pots. We're in business! The biggest question is where we're going to put several dozen little pots in the house. I have a small greenhouse outside, but the winds here can be fierce at times, and the plastic didn't survive the winter. My husband has proposed getting some thin plexi-glass to replace the plastic, but that might be a few months in the future. For now, I fear the kitchen windows are going to be transformed into mini greenhouse shelves.

Plants make me happy, so maybe this is a good thing!

No comments: