Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reminder

I know the summer sun is blazing down and there is no relief to the heat in sight, but now is the time to start thinking about your fall garden!   Fall really will be heading our way in a couple of months, so if you get your seeds in the soil now, your seedlings will be ready to plant right on time. 

Corn seeds can be direct planted now, but I admit that I'm a little leery.  After planting corn this spring, just to see it turn brown and die before I got a chance to harvest a single ear a few weeks ago, I am hesitant to try again when it is still so hot and dry out.   Maybe I'll be brave - I really would love some fresh corn!

The cooler weather seeds can be direct planted in September or as late as early October but peppers, tomatoes, squash, and eggplants can all be transplanted from seedlings in mid August, so get ready and get planting!  Have your seedlings ready and enjoy your garden for months to come. 

No comments: