Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Michele - A Frost

Well, we have enjoyed the yield of our fall garden for more than a month, but sadly, the frost over the Thanksgiving weekend has put an end to it.  I'm wondering if there is anywhere I can get some onion bulbs this time of year.  Rumor has it that they will grow nearly year around, and I'm willing to test the theory. 

Just  because the vegetable garden is done for the moment doesn't mean it's time to rest.  Now is the perfect time to start pruning and preparing for spring.  It may seem a long way off now, but I seem to remember two ladies scrambling to get the rose bushes pruned before they put their new leaves on this past spring.  Don't procrastinate (like me), start now and you'll be able to relax and enjoy your efforts later.

No comments: