Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Jenny - What I'm Up To

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous out, and my garden beds are calling to me. Well, crying more like. So many things have been going on that I've fallen behind on my weeding something terrible. So the children and I are embarking on a fall cleanup project. We'll be weeding, straightening out and trimming back any plants that have misbehaved themselves out of shape.
Oh, that reminds me. Always check your plant resource (online, book, whatever you prefer) before trimming a plant back, especially if you intend to do a hard trim, where large portions of the plant are cut away (clematis comes to mind). As a general rule, waiting until just before or just after winter is best.
Once we're done we'll be moving on to the plants inside the house, so hopefully you'll get some posts from me on keeping your house plants happy. In the meantime....

Happy Gardening!

No comments: